Freenotes ‘Wings’ C Major
PLEASE NOTE – the different coloured and shaped frames are an evolution in design only for that tuning – the tunings are identical.
Suitable for both beginners and trained musicians. Ideal for relaxation, meditation, therapy, early childhood, aged care, trauma sufferers, higher functioning, cognitive skills, self expression, motor skills and increasing social and emotional development and well being.
11 notes (C-D-E-G-A-C-D-E-G-A-C)
1″ aluminium bars
Weight 1.75 kilos
Receive a FREE download card of our unique relaxation music with your Wing.
If required, Layby can be an option. Call me on 0435 447 693.
They are not available anywhere else!
- Suit beginners and trained musicians
- Handmade by Grammy Award winner
- Explore your creative musicality
- Five-tone harmonic pentatonic scale
- Notes sustain for over six seconds
- No moving parts, no tuning
- Endorsed by music therapists
- Ideal for special needs children/adults
- NEW to Australia and New Zealand
- Sturdy, lightweight, portable
- Enables all to unlock their creative potential
- Allows music to be expressed effortlessly
- Ideal for relaxation, meditation, therapy, early childhood, aged care, trauma sufferers, higher functioning, cognitive skills, self expression, motor skills and increasing social and emotional development and wellbeing
Freenotes Wing care
As with any musical instrument there are some recommendations needed for their care, so you can enjoy countless hours of creative musical enjoyment. Remember there is no tuning, or any adjustments needed to play a Wing.
- Do not drop your Wing – the PVC frame may crack
- Do not leave in the hot sun – the frame may warp
- Pick a Wing up with both hands by the black PVC frame, not the aluminium bars.
- In the unlikely event of one of the aluminium bars becoming loose, simply re-glue using contact cement.
- If you need a replacement mallet please contact me, they are $25 each.
- The Wings can be securely hung from a wall or similiar for storage, or for playing. I use a couple of pre-fabricated metal hooks (from Bunnings) hooking them under the back brace of the Wing. You can of course play a Wing with it resting on a table, floor or on your lap.
- To play your Wing while walking – simply hold the ‘back brace’ in one hand while using the mallet/s in the other.
Freenotes Wing playing surface.
Freenotes Wing underside, showing back brace (carrying handle)
You can store your Freenotes Wing on a ukelele stand when not in use.
Storing/playing your Freenotes Wing
In this photo one of my clients has cleverly used some simple yet effective brackets to store both an A minor and C major Freenotes Wings on a wall when they are not being played. Also in this height and position they can be left as is and played by children.
Vibrational healing instruments
Freenotes Wings can also used as vibrational healing instruments. With the choice of the 4 tunings, selected Wings can be used as a vibration healing tool using the full range of harmonic tones in each instrument, clearing blockages and imbalances as you walk around each client holding the instrument while playing, OR they can be placed on clients (front and back) and progressively moved up and down the body as you play.
As the Freenotes Wings are played, their powerful rhythmic vibrations resonate throughout the body. The sound of the harmonic vibrations stimulates the alpha and theta brain waves associated with deep meditative and peaceful states that are highly conducive to healing. They also slow down heart and respiratory rates, creating a therapeutic effect upon the mind and body. When the brain waves and body are synchronised, stress is released and balance is restored.
Another wonderful feature of the Wings is that they are very light and sturdy, and easily fit into suitcases,travel bags – especially great if you are a practitioner who travels for your work.
Chakra tones/ Wing tunings =
C major tuning = C-D-E-G-A-C-D-E-G-A-C
= C root chakra, D sacral chakra, E solar plexis chakra, G throat chakra, A 3rd eye.
A minor tuning = A-B-C-E-F-A-B-C-E-F-A
= A 3rd eye, B crown chakra, C root chakra, E solar plexis chakra, F heart chakra.
D minor tuning = D-E-F-A-Bb-D-E-F-A
=D sacral chakra, E solar plexis chakra, F heart chakra, A 3rd eye, B crown chakra.
G major tuning = D-E-G-A-B-D-E-G
= D sacral chakra, E solar plexis chakra, G throat chakra, A 3rd eye, B crown chakra.